Gerald Waugh wrote:
> Try it like this, worked for me as I had the same trouble.
>
> $ man urpmi|  col -b   >urpmi.txt

Thanks -- I'm not the original poster that worked well.

Now a followup question:

Is there a similar command to filter out all the multiple spaces?  In
other words, I'd like to convert the text output from what comes out of
col -b  into something that would have each "paragraph" on a single long
line so I can easily copy and paste it into a wiki.

I guess I can do an awk or sed script (oh,no, something else to learn),
but I wondered if maybe somebody has already written a program to deal
with this.  I tried apropos filter but didn't find anything so far
(still reading man pages).

Randy Kramer