Hi Kevin,

Just wanted to thank you for your help.

Figured out the problem -- it was partly permission problem (that you helped
to solve). I tried a simpler script, testing to see whether I could simply
write to a file. I could. It would even append. But back in the
"graffiti.php" it still wouldn't recognize or pass the variable.

I looked at phpinfo() output and noticed that:

register_globals=off  and register_argc_argv= off

No wonder it wasn't passing the variable. The php.ini told it not to. Changed
both to "on",  and bingo - a working script!

Thanks again,
Andre