On Wed, 13 Feb 2002 23:29:25 -0500, Todd Slater <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Feb 2002 13:06:32 +1100
> Sridhar Dhanapalan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> <snip>
> > My favourite enhancements include a vastly improved filtering system
> > (better than Kmail's) and better word wrapping. For more details, see
> > http://sylpheed-claws.sourceforge.net/.
> > > Can you use a script for .signature like in Kmail?
> >
> > Yep.
>
> Would you know how to do this? After installing it, I specified my script
> for the signature, but it just got inserted as text (see below). Couldn't
> find any documentation at Sourceforge or on the mailing list archives. So
> far, pretty cool! If i could just figure out this line wrap.
>
> Todd
>
> --
> #!/bin/bash
> echo $( uname -s -r )
> echo $( uptime )
> echo $( fortune /usr/share/games/fortunes/education -s )
> exit

Oops! Sorry, I misinterpreted your question. Sylpheed cannot execute shell
scripts to generate a signature. Sorry if I misled you. I personally use Gensig
(http://freshmeat.net/projects/gensig/) to generate a randomly-selected
signature.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

"I don't actually follow other operating systems much. I don't compete - I just
worry about making Linux better than itself, not others." -- Linus Torvalds