Marcia wrote:

>Dear All,
>
>Happy Valentine's Day.
>
>I have a desktop computer that is only 200mhz and has 96 megs of ram. I would
>like to upgrade it to have 256 megs of ram but is that all for nothing if I
>do not upgrade the cpu?
>
>Thanks for the help.
>Sincerely,
>
>Marcia

>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

The RAM upgrade is always helpful--the system will use it as quickly as
possible for buffer and cache if programs are not using it and this
speeds throughput.

Even more helpful is kernel 2.4.17 or later because the virtual memory
algorithm thrashes the disk much less.  This was the big slow-down for
the changeover to kernel 2.4

Civileme