Hi,

I've got the same modem as you but the routing is set up correctly.
I used drakconf to configure my setup.
I see in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts that ifup sets the default route
and ifup-ppp deletes any existing route prior to that. It's quite
complicated.
I'm also planning of setting up a fw using fwbuilder as a front-end. Do
you think it is possible to define the external interface in our case
since the address we have is not fixed and the interface, ppp0,
dissappears from time to time.
I haven't looked into it I must admit but if you have any experience...

Guy.