Hi,

Im sure it is because I screwed something up on the install that mine is not
setup correctly.
However I did not want to retry it as installing Mandrake 8.1 on a P90 is a
little painful. I had a few crashes as well.

Because of the spec of my machine I did a fairly small install. Just enough
for the firewalling. Then later rpm'd the NDS server as well.

Thanks for the info on the network scripts. Ill look into those files when I
get home.

Re your question. I dont think it will be a problem. In route you can define
routes to addresses which dont exist and they will kick in once they are
available. So the fact that ppp0 drops from time to time should not matter.
In fact mine has dropped once already without any problem (it re-connected
automatically and continued to work).

Claude.