well...

I dont connect through DHCP, my machine is given a static internal IP (
10.0.0.xx)  so i guess i'm not connected directly to the internet i'm
connected through the building's gateway ( all appartments in the building
connect to one network and then connect to the internet through a gateway sort
of like an internal   ISP)
and no I cannot ping anything after coming out of suspend, I try to ping any
thing    (ping my own machin, the gateway...etc. ) and I get a : "netwrok
unreachable".

after I do a : service network restart
I get the following :

Disabling IPv4 packet forwarding      [OK]
Setting network parameters            [OK]
Bringing up interface lo:             [OK]
Enabling IPv4 packet forwarding       [OK]
bringing up interface eth0: SIOCSIFFLAGS: No such device
Failed to bring up eth0.

.... ? what could be the problem in this case ?
I cant slide in another NIC I odnt keep collections of NIC's ():-)

Regards to ALL.

Hanan AL-Shargi