| > (Why anybody would go to the trouble of running Linux, and then use
| > Microsoft applications on it escapes me..)

well, at the risk of being flamed ...

computers are TOOLS ... if you want to play, that's fine .... i like
playing, too ...

but when it's time to get some work done, i have to choose the best tool
available .... for many things, that's linux ... for a lot of others, it's
windows ... and if i have graphics work to do, it's probably macintosh ...

so as much as i admire the philosophy behind linux, sometimes i have to look
elsewhere for the very best tool ...