if you installed win9x after formatting c: then that explains why lilo is
gone, it was overwritten by the win install, you will need the boot disk you
made when you installed linux boot with that and run 'lilo' as root, failing
that you could 'reinstall' linux but do an 'upgrade' choose no packages and
let lilo get reinstalled for you

bascule

--
When the least they could do to you was everything, then the most they could
do to you suddenly held no terror.