Marcia wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I meant to setup my partitions differently when I installed LM8.1. I ended up
> just mounting one small partition  and now I would like to add or mount a
> partition to give my LM and vmware more room. I have about 8 GB's of disk
> space covering a masterIDE drive and slave IDE drive. I for some strange
> reason only mounted my /dev/hda1 partition which is a little over 2 GB's. I
> have a small swap partition then a /dev/hda6 partition that is over 4 Gb's
> formatted as linux native, then a slave drive /dev/hdb which is about 2 Gb's
> formatted as linux native. Neither of those partitions are mounted. I would
> like to mount and use /dev/hda6 but being the newbie I am I do not know the
> best way to do this without corrupting anything.  What are the steps to take?
> Do I do this in DiskDrake, Linuxconf, or another way? I do not want to lose
> any data on the partitions. Any help here will be greatly appreciated. Thank
> you very much.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Marcia Waller

Marcia, if you run KDE, here's a "newbie"-way : Right-click an empty
spot on your desktop, then select "run command". This opens a box, whre
you can type : kdf. Now, click "run". You'll now see all your
partitions, provided they are mentioned in /etc/fstab. Simply select a
unmounted partition, rigt-click it and select the option : "mount
device". You can even open it in a file-manager right away.

Here's the "pro" way : from a terminal, type : "man mount" and read
carefully, taking notes ! Then, set aside ten minutes for drills, and
you at least one inch taller !

If still unsuccesful, post your /etc/fstab file to the list.

HTH

Kaj Haulrich