Hi,

I think that after you mounted the new partition as /home, it hides the
previous /home directory that you had (since the desktop settings are
stored there, this explains why your desktop has changed). I think that
what you should do is unmount this directory (using 'umount'), move your
/home directory to some other place (eg 'mv /home /home1'), then mount
back, and then move the contents of (say) /home1 to /home
('mv /home1/* /home').

HTH
Moshe

* Marcia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [020222 21:31]: