This should be a simple one.

I, along with many others on the list, have settled in on Xfce as my
desktop manager of choice. One neat thing about Xfce is the Xscreensaver
pgm that runs with it (although you can run it with other desktops, wms,
etc.).

>From xfce you configure with xscreensaver-demo. When I do that it tells
me that the xscreensaver daemon is not running. I can execute it at that
point.

What I'd like to do is have the daemon run on xsession initialization. I
thought I could add a line like

xscreensaver &

to the user's ~/.xsession file (as implied by the manual) but it doesn't
seem to work.

So how do I automatically invoke the xscreensaver on a user's xsession
startup?

TIA.

Terry Smith