Hi ,

 I have looked at both the newbie and expert lists on this
 but I still have some questions so I understand it correctly,

I just downloaded the 8.2beta3 cd's

want to burn a bootable cd under linux ( currently run LM 8.0 )

I have never done this in linux and would like to try.

I have a SAF cd-rw4424a @ dev=1,0,0.

What would be the command line to cdrecord an iso and make it bootable?

In windows it read the iso and made the boot.img as it went , does linux
do the same?
or do I have to include something?

If so how ? - or will this make a bootable cd:

cdrecord -v speed=2 dev=1,0,0 MandrakeLinux-8.2beta3-CD1.i586.iso

( from the dir where the iso is of course ) ?????

If I use this method would it be bootable then?

Or should I use gcombust or gtoaster and include an image of some sort?

If this is what I need to do, where do I get the boot image and how do I
include it?

Thanks in advance.

Mike