Mozy wrote:

> Kaj,
>
> I followed your instructions...didn't help. :(
>
> /sbin/lilo results were:
> Added linux *
> Added linux-nonfb
> Added failsafe
> Added floppy
>
> lilo.conf is:
>
> boot=/dev/hda
> map=/boot/map
> install=/boot/boot.b
> vga=normal
> default=linux
> keytable=/boot/us.klt
> lba32
> prompt
> timeout=100
> message=/boot/message
> menu-scheme=wb:bw:wb:bw
> image=/boot/vmlinuz
>         label=linux
>         root=/dev/hda1
>         initrd=/boot/initrd.img
>         append=" hdd=ide-scsi devfs=mount quiet"
>         vga=normal
>         read-only
> image=/boot/vmlinuz
>         label=linux-nonfb
>         root=/dev/hda1
>         initrd=/boot/initrd.img
>         append=" hdd=ide-scsi devfs=mount"
>         read-only
> image=/boot/vmlinuz
>         label=failsafe
>         root=/dev/hda1
>         initrd=/boot/initrd.img
>         append=" hdd=ide-scsi devfs=mount failsafe"
>         read-only
> other=/dev/fd0
>         label=floppy
>         unsafe
>
> fstab is:
>
> /dev/hda1 / ext3 defaults 1 1
> none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0
> none /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
> /dev/hdb7 /home ext3 defaults 1 2
> /dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom auto
> user,iocharset=iso8859-1,umask=0,exec,codepage=850,ro,noauto 0 0
> /dev/scd0 /mnt/cdrom2 auto
> user,iocharset=iso8859-1,umask=0,exec,codepage=850,ro,noauto 0 0
> /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto
> user,iocharset=iso8859-1,umask=0,sync,exec,codepage=850,noauto 0 0
> none /proc proc defaults 0 0
> /dev/hdb5 /usr ext3 defaults 1 2
> /dev/hdb1 /var ext3 defaults 1 2
> /dev/hda5 swap swap defaults 0 0
> /dev/hdb6 swap swap defaults 0 0
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Bryan

Bryan, to me everything seems to be OK in your fstab and lilo.conf ,
just wondering : why 2 swap-partitions ? Not that it matters, though.
Anyway, admitting that it's beyond me, I think there was a thread about
2 weeks ago concerning boot-issues on a two-harddisk system. Fairly
similar to your problem AFAIR. Tryt a search on the mail archive with
something like MBR + hda + hdb.

Sorry, I'm out of ideas :-(

Kaj Haulrich