I once had the same problem and posted it and got  replies similar to what you're getting.

I insisted that I did cd to the directory that held the tar file before running './configure '  Eventually, I did an  '  ls  -aF'
and discovered that the tar file was not there. Then I remembered, I had created a temp directory  the previous
day and put the the tar file there..  When I did another cd  to that temp directory,  './configure ' worked fine..

Daniel Chen wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]">
Yes, I do cd into the directory > Just for clarification. Did you 'cd' into the directory and type
./congifure

Daniel

'./configure'? All that stuff without quotes.

Bill