Or you can define an alias in your shell rc file. This way you can start
openoffice from the command line.

For csh the line would go in the .cshrc file in your "home" directory and it
will be:

alias soffice /OpenOffice.org641/soffice

This way whever you type "soffice &" in a terminal window, Open Office gets
started.

Seedkum