On 09 Mar 2002 19:03:08 +0900 Charles wrote:

>> alias soffice /OpenOffice.org641/soffice
>>
>> This way whever you type "soffice &" in a terminal window, Open Office
>> gets started.
>
>I tried this, using the .bashrc file in my home directory as follows:
>
># User specific aliases and functions
>
>alias soffice ./OpenOffice.org641/soffice

Note the . in front of your command. This means it will look in the subdir
OpenOffice.org641 in your _current_directory_. Change that and you should be
fine.

B,t,w, Is there a big difference between 641 and 638? Is it worth the
download?

Paul

--
Only fools and dead men don't change their minds.
Fools won't and dead men can't.

http://nlpagan.net - Registered Linux User 174403
Linux Mandrake 8.0 - Sylpheed 0.7.3