Hi Brian

On Thursday 14 March 2002 15:49, you wrote:

> 2. cat /proc/interrupts shows:
>
>  10:      83875          XT-PIC  usb-uhci, usb-uhci, ICE1712
>
> i.e. my sound card (that's the ICE1712) is sharing interrupt 10 with
> the usb interfaces.

Normally the sound card should use IRQ 5 or 7. If they are free on your
system, use either of them for sound card. Boot to window$ and check how
the interrupts are shared there. Leave IRQ 10 for USB as you may need it
in the future (usb-mouse, printer, etc.) and IIRC it is some sort of
recommendation to use that IRQ for USB devices (like 5 or 7 are for sound
cards and 3 and 4 for serial devices ). And it's less likely for your
system to behave oddly if you keep the config close to specs.

Cheers,
J.