maybe i don't understand, but, i just installed 8.2 release canidate 1 on a
slave drive with win2000 on the master and i use lilo to boot.  IIRC only
part of lilo goes onto the MBR of the first disk, the rest is in your boot
folder in linux (is that right guys?) and lilo handles booting for both
systems.  as i said though, i have not done XP.

you could install lilo to the second drive i guess, but it wouldn't do
anything.  you could also not istall lilo and simply use a boot disk.  i
would certainly be sure to have a working boot disk for XP before i started
though.

also, once installed, if you wish to remove lilo you can boot to linux and
as root run "lilo -u" which if i recall is for -uninstall.  :-)

On Saturday 16 March 2002 08:30, Joe Barron opened a hailing frequency and
transmitted:

--
"'Tis some script kidd3z," I muttered, "tapping at my server port-  Only
this, and nothing more."  - Edgar "root" Poe.

shane
http://shentzu.home.mindspring.com/
Proud to be a DMOZ editor since 10-98
Profile at: http://dmoz.org/profiles/shen.html