> Hi
>
> I am planning to upgrade to 8.2.  I currently have 8.1 installed and
all the Linux partitions are on a second (slave) drive.   My primary
drive has Windows.

> I would like to get rid of the Windows install on the primary and use
that drive with Linux.  I want to maintain my existing (non root)
partitions that are on the slave drive.

> I'd appreciate advice from this forum.
>
> Thanks
>
> Prashant

Prashant,

go ahead and install away to your primary. Mandrake will see your
existing partitons and you may feel free to use your /home and any other
as you see fit. If you like you can place your / (root) /usr, /usr/local
and whatever else on your primary and leave your /home on the slave.
that'll work out just fine. you'll be fine as long as you don't format
the partitions you want to keep.

daRcmaTTeR