Thanks for the help with the jpeg viewer question.  I ended up with Gqview.
I am trying to replace my Windows based programs with Linux stuff.  Could I
get some feedback on what News Readers and FTP Clients are good.  I use Forte
Agent and CuteFTP with Windows.  I am trying to learn to do all the things on
Linux that I used to do with Windows.  Installing source software has been
throwing me, but learning Linux is giving me a much broader computer
knowledge.  I guess I learn best by trial and error.  Thanks for all the help.

TheBender