On Sunday 17 March 2002 02:44 pm, Jose Mirles wrote:
> For a newsreader, most have recommended PAN or KNODE. I still use
> Forte Agent in a Win4Lin session.
>
> For FTP, I love gftp. I think it beats anything in the windows
> world.

   IMNSHO,

   News:   Knode for discussion groups (also way ahead of whatever
was in second place in a recent Web survey).
   Pan for unattended auto d/l'g from binary groups with resume/retry
when needed even if you should happen to shutdown your system and
re-boot. IOW's, pick a bunch of stuff and go to bed ;)

   FTP:   by far, nt (Webdownloader for X) is the very best, also
supports resume/retry when needed even if you shutdown your system
and re-boot, and/or switch mirrors. Very quick and simple to use.
Also displays connection rate, both graphically and numerically.
Probly the only d/l butler on the planet that can successfully get
Mandrake ISO's over a <= 56k connection ;)

   all the above are on your Cd's if not already installed
--
    Tom Brinkman                       Corpus Christi, Texas