You should have downloaded the 'iso' images which can then be burned directly
onto Cd's which will automatically be bootable.
here is a list of FTP servers you can get the iso images from
http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/ftptmp/1016406720.d2f1033d19306e7e8903fa1e3eaee8a0.php#iso

Here are instructions on how to burn an iso image using Windows applications
http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/howtos/iso/howtoisoen.html

Once you have your discs burned insert CD#1 and configure your BIOS to boot
from CD. Everything is then automatic and you will be guided through the
install.  Before you start defrag your Windows drive and be sure to UNCHECK
the box where windows defragger offers to  order programs to start faster.
If you do not do this then you cannot be sure that Linux will be able to find
a large enough contiguous area of disc in which to create a linux partition.

At the very least you need CD #1, but CD#2 contains some very useful stuff
CD#3 IMHO you can mostly do without.

derek