I have talked to Eric Fookes (NoteTabPro Creator) a few times about
writing a Linux version. It is now possible........but that isn't
going to happen for linux until he feels it can produce a viable
income from it..... which at the current time he does not.

I don't blame him at all........ as far as free software goes, he has
already given a great deal in Note Tab Light (for windows). A very
nice fellow............ just wish he was more into Linux...  :)

I like BlueFish ........ just would like more features added (plus it
has a tendancy to crash once in a while)..... but all in all it is a
nice editor. I have looked at xEmacs...... but it isn't the most user
friendly tool available...... same with vim / Gedit / and Kate
........ but like I said ...... BlueFish isn't bad....Quantra isn't
too bad either and the others are probably fine editors if you wish
to learn the keyboard shortcuts etc........( I just havent had tons
of free time yet.)

NoteTabPro and NoteTabLight have a "clip tool/editor" that is a great
time saver.......... I code Html and Javascript and a small amount of
perl by hand and love doing that........but sometimes repetitive code
can be QUICKLY set up with the clip tool they have.....

I will look into Xemacs more......... maybe if I read alot more about
it........... ?????????  :)

I don't think making a program intuitive is an unreasonable
request...... however I concede that what may be inuitive to one
person may not be intuitive to another.  The learning curve for some
parts of LInux is steep...... yet some parts are easy..... I just
need to get my feet wet with the editors more.

*********
Nelson Bartley asked--------

"I've begun to develop an insterest in Linux programming and I was
wondering what applications, you as the linux beginner, are looking
for?

Setup files, scripts, GUI programs, anything, as I'm interested in
trying my hand at it."
********

I was giving him my honest answer........ the lack of an editor that
performs the tasks I need is the ONLY thing keeping a windows
partition on it........ I love Gimp/Gftp/Gqview/Opera   .........
they are AS GOOD AS or BETTER than the windows counterparts..... and
the last hurdle for me is the scanner and the Text/Html editor.

Dave Crouse
Running Mandrake 8.1
IBM Intellistation E Pro
450 mghz 750 mb ram

Support Mandrake: Join the Mandrake Club !!

<!-- Start shameless plug/request

PS:If any of you ever have time..... and feel the urge to write an
article on linux........ I am always looking for content for my site.
www.iowawebmasters.com ...... dave

(Linux-Mandrake banner on every page :)

 End shameless plug :) --!>