On 17 Mar 2002 12:52, Nelson Bartley wrote:
> Heyo,
>
> I've begun to develop an insterest in Linux programming and I was
> wondering what applications, you as the linux beginner, are looking for?
>
> Setup files, scripts, GUI programs, anything, as I'm interested in
> trying my hand at it.
>
> Nelson Bartley
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sorry for the LATE reply... WAY behind with my email...

For quite some time I've been looking for a diary/journal that contains daily
entries with a search facility on say a subject heading or just be able to
search all text.  Kinda like the journal part of KOrganizer but searchable.

I've downloaded about 15 apps but none have the search feature while still
browseable/entered daily.  So for now I use KOrganizer journal and have to
flick thru each day to find what I'm looking for - the problem being I've
been using it since October last year, thats a lot of entries to hunt thru : (

I use it solely for keeping a record of how I fix/configure linux since I
have a habit of later forgetting how I had fixed something.

I figured that I'm going to have to learn to program (only used crappy VB a
while back) to write the app myself so I've started learning python (to start
with).

How 'bout it?

skinky
--