Dr Joe Brand wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I mucked something up when trying to setup Bastille firewall.  I used
> InteractiveBastille, there were a lot of questions.  I answered all
> the best I could.
>
> Here's whats happening:  Now when I try to su - and enter the passwd,
> I get the File size limit exceeded.  How can I fix this?
>
>             Joe

>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

Boot and escape the regular LILO/GRUB menu and

linux single

That will get you up without the firewall and logged in as root in a
console.

Now go to /etv/security/limits.conf and see the file size limit line and
change it to 4000000 or something even more obscene.  There is a
spurious /tmp file geerated in going to root via su in the earlier
kernels which is very large but does not actually exist.  Anyway, the
file size limit catches it and gigs you.

Oh yes, you will need to use a text-based editor, emacs or vi, or jed,
joe, pico or nano if you have them installed.

Civileme