On Tue, 2002-03-19 at 13:26, Damian wrote:

> i knew sooner or later it would come down to this....
>
> come on, now. you can to better that that. if you just don't agree you
> could stop the discussion period. neither of you are the ones that
> decide this matter for Mandrakesoft so why should you start calling each
> other names over it.

I agree totally.  The entire exchange was repulsive, not to mention
horrible and slightly amusing. I move that the participants be strung up
and tortured with naked women in wet t-shirts. (oops.  scratch the
t-shirt thing).      ;

> Mandrakesoft has people inside that do this kind of thinking and it's
> their bet which counts. ( and i'm pretty damn positive anything we can
> say in here will affect their choices. )

Ahrrrmmm...yes of course you are right.

> maybe we all can come up with some brilliant way to make this distro the
> most widely used, made by the richest enterprise and with the most
> employees. but if it's going to end up this way, we better keep it to
> ourselves.

Well said.

> i've migrated successfully to linux because of this list, let's just
> help mandrake in whatever way we can, and hope for the best. in the
> meantime, let's keep this list as cool as it always has been.
>

> Damian.

Hear hear !

Tongue in cheek,

LX