Hi Sridhar and folks again,

You are actually selling my case, again, my friend.
Everybody and his dog have already tried to make this unworkable thing go
and there has been a 100% failure. Look around.

Now look at Microsoft.
A company flogging a set of products that even the front-end user has become
enraged with and they are about to REALLY sock it to us.............. ME and
my millions of non-geek compatriots.
What are our real world choices?
1. Stay and be ..................... you-know-what-ed

2. Go to the Fruit????? ....... An absurd but very successful Religion built
on the most atrocious lies. BUT great Advertising/PR.  ( Great margins for
the resellers, too who sorta illegally, in my opinion for most countries,
agree not show them against anything else!) Amazing over-pricing. They could
if they wanted, quadruple their marketshare, but who wants to?? It would
mean cutting margins - poo to that!

3. The *X world. Now, the big corporate users are well catered for - even
Bill's Billions haven't help him make a dent there. He just hasn't got the
product and knows it, but he knows that the IT world is dumbing down,
too.........................

So that leaves the small business person and the domestic user.
There is not a single, sensible product out there oriented toward the needs
of the 90 million and the 300 million in the wings.
I know because I and many, many people I know are still there, still trying.
AND that is not even the highly experienced group I'm talking about - people
like me who can not even understand the Manual. (Even though it has little
to do with the actual product or components of the moment)

Until somebody who understands P&L Statements and can write them a Business
Plan does so, the future of Mandrake is decidedly grim. I will take bets on
it -sadly.

I want it to work, but 30 years of international business experience- many
as a "last chance consultant" - tells me that this future is clear. Simple
arithmetic.

Folks, skip the rhetoric, the Religious fervour,  give me some hope based on
some sensible numbers. What we need are some Cost Accountants here.......
:-)

Cheers,

Him Again
Still with time on his hands - the last attempt at installing M8.0 fell over
yesterday on my techo friends machine, too.