On Mon, 2002-03-18 at 11:08, sda wrote:

> > Note that Mandrakesoft does have a donations page, which can be reached at
> > http://mandrakelinux.com/donations/. They have _not_ publicised this site in
> > their press release (in fact, it's been almost a year since they last mentioned
> > it), so it is not a plea for charity.
>
> Donations is not charity?! Ok whatever you say. In closing all I'm going
> to say is that public for profit companies have no business asking for
> "donations". Charge for the product, if it's good and people really are
> sincere about how much they like Mandrake, they'll pay for it. Otherwise
> they're just "fairweather friends".
>
> --
>       -^-   -^-
>       <?>   <?>    Steve
>           ^
>          ___       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                                      >

          '   `
Here's another troll tactic.  Sridhar just very plainly stated above
that Mandrake has a separate donations page.  In this he is stating, in
a very simple and understandable way, that MandrakeSoft has clearly
delineated the lines between their subscription model of business and
donations (or charity).  Nowhere above can it be interpreted that
Sridhar is saying that "Donations are not charity."

Youre not out to be reasonable, you're just trolling.

And what's with the stupid looking sig, anyway?