Mandrake Newbie wrote:

>[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>>Yes, it is OK.  Put the actual servers behind that one.  There is a
>>package called Mandrake SNF (Single Net Firewall) which has all those
>>components and is configurable from the local network side by a web
>>browser--quite a neat package.
>>

>I tried installing Mandrake SNF before but it doesn't support my old Intel Pentium
>166, 32MB RAM, 14' VGA 640x480 monitor and using BTC 40x IDE CD-ROM drive.  So,
>eventhough I would like to try Mandrake SNF, I wasn't able to install it.
>
>Thanks...
>
>=)
>
>__________________________________
>www.edsamail.com

>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

Hmmm...  How did the install fail?  SNF has a newer 2.2 kernel than the
original and the newer one overcomes some errors that could be
attributed to the strange timing and unique geometry of some WD drives.
 There is no real reason an SNF install should fail on such a system.  I
am running it on an IBM PC350 P166 with 32Mb of RAM and two network
cards.  Of course, I do have to keep a mouse attached so the BIOS will
allow a boot, but the video and keyboard were long ago removed.

You cannot have any other system on a machine running SNF.  Dual-boots
are impossible.

Civileme