Mandrake Newbie wrote:

>[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>>Hmmm...  How did the install fail?  SNF has a newer 2.2 kernel than the
>>original and the newer one overcomes some errors that could be
>>attributed to the strange timing and unique geometry of some WD drives.
>>There is no real reason an SNF install should fail on such a system.  I
>>am running it on an IBM PC350 P166 with 32Mb of RAM and two network
>>cards.  Of course, I do have to keep a mouse attached so the BIOS will
>>allow a boot, but the video and keyboard were long ago removed.
>>
>>You cannot have any other system on a machine running SNF.  Dual-boots
>>are impossible.
>>

>When I'm about to install SNF in my old Intel Pentium 166 at 32MB RAM using BTC 40x
>IDE CD-ROM drive it asked me what modules shall I use for my CD-ROM drive?  Also, the
>GUI installation is very poor and very slow.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>=)
>
>__________________________________
>www.edsamail.com

>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

Use a different CDROM and use text mode install.  You have nothing to
gain from GUI install anyway, since the installed version can operate
headless and has no local GUI.  The poor quality and slow speed of
install with the GUI is from your video card which doesn't support
framebuffer, so VGA (16 color) gets used instead.

Once installed, you use a web browser from one of your local computers
to configure the firewall with graphical tools.  The firewall itself can
run (if the BIOS permits) without monitor, keyboard, and mouse, and
possibly with the video card removed.  My little IBM P166 runs with only
a mouse because its BIOS will stop booting and complain if it is not
there on boot.

Civileme