try creating samba users with the same user name and password as those on
your win2k machine using the command:

smbpasswd -a username

the username also needs to be defined in /etc/passwd (in other words,
username has to have a linux system account also)

after typing in the above command, you will then be prompted for the
password for the user.  again, make this the same as your win2k user's
password and you should no longer have the problem with win2k asking for a
uname and pw...