First post, a test run if you will, hopefully it goes through!

I've been fooling around with my newly installed 8.1 OS with all the packages from the
PowerPack installed...  I've really had an easy time finding all the comparable tools
I'm used to in the Winderz world here in Mandrake except for any CD burning programs.

The one I did find was cdparanoia but I'm trying to stay GUI for the most part
currently and thought that xcdroast would probably be installed along with my OS.  I
can't find a menu entry for any burning stuff under "Apps" or "Office" etc. so I'm
assuming they exist and just don't have shortcuts/menu entries for them...

Any suggestions on where to look in my files for GUI burning programs?  I'm also on
the hunt for a GUI audio extraction tool (or GUI front-end to cdparanoia), extra
credit if it's one that might be on the application discs I recieved with Mandrake 8.1
as I don't have a modem currently installed in the Linux PC.

Also, I've had friends who speak of Apple computers running Toast where extraction
isn't neccesary at all to get *exact copies* of audio CD's!  This isn't the same for
Linux is it?  I'm assuming not since programs like cdparanoia exists but if I can save
the time of extracting my audio first it'd be just one more bonus to Linux over
Windows..!

Thanks for your help much appreciated!

Take care,
Nick