On Thursday 21 March 2002 02:12 pm, Sullivan, Nick wrote:
> >In KDE,   Applications, Archiving, CD burning
>
> The only program available under this "tab" is Archiver (think
> that's its exact name, basically a generic uncompressor for
> .tar/.zip/.gzip, etc).
>
> I'm starting to think it's "package" wasn't installed when I put
> the OS on. Nick

    I can think of two reasons, either the install didn't recognize
your burner, or you didn't choose the needed packages during the
install.

   su to root in a term and...
/home/tom # cdrecord -scanbus
Cdrecord 1.11a13 (i586-mandrake-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2001
Jörg Schilling
Linux sg driver version: 3.1.22
Using libscg version 'schily-0.5'
scsibus0:
        0,0,0     0) 'PLEXTOR ' 'CD-R   PX-W8432T' '1.09' Removable
CD-ROM
        0,1,0     1) *
        0,2,0     2) *
        0,3,0     3) *
        0,4,0     4) *
        0,5,0     5) *
        0,6,0     6) *
        0,7,0     7) *

   If you don't have somethin like that, your burners not setup.  If
you do then you need to install CDburning GUI's.  Some are are the
CD's, some you'll need to d/l.  You should also check that cdrecord
and mkisofs are installed (you may have different versions than mine)
 ~ $ rpm -qa cdrecord*
cdrecord-1.11-0.a13.4mdk
cdrecord-cdda2wav-1.11-0.a13.4mdk
cdrecord-devel-1.11-0.a13.4mdk
 ~ $ rpm -qa mkisofs*
mkisofs-1.15-0.a13.4mdk

--
    Tom Brinkman                       Corpus Christi, Texas