I just installed 8.2 and went to install VMware 3, but
it tells me it was not built for this kernel version.
It does allow you to try and rewrite the softare for
vmware, but it then tells me that gcc v. 2.96 is not
supported by the development team.  Is anyone else out
there using VMWare 3, and does it work OK?  There are
some windoze programs that I still need to use, but if
I cannot get them to run here, it looks like it will
be back to a windoze install.

Thanks,

Wayne