Thanks to all who suggested fixes for my problem.
There were some bios settings that were wrong by
default and I had to change the cdrom device from
/mnt/cdrom to /mnt/cdrom1 to get it to work.  Now all
I need to figure out is how to get my network
connection going.  It has installed the network card
drivers and I have configured the network settings in
config, but still won't install my cable software
through my lan.  Previously I have had to only install
vmnet 0 and none of the others to get it to work.  I
have done that this time and it still won't work.  Any
ideas there?

Thanks,

Wayne

--- Damian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> El jue, 28-03-2002 a las 10:40, Wayne Petherick
> escribió:
> > Damian,
> > thanks for the reply.  I have gotten it to work,
> but I
> > get errors related to not being able to find a
> > bootable cd-rom or floppy.  Restart and try again.
> > didn't have these probs before and figured it was
> > something to do with the recompilation.  The
> devices
> > are set up and there, they just won't boot.
> Without
> > being able to do this, I can't install an OS.  Got
> any
> > other suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Wayne
>
> i can think of only one.. go to vmware configuration
> and make sure
> "cdrom" is pointing to the right device.. i never
> tried to
> install as a guest OS and always used vmware to boot
> a real installation
> in my second HD... anyway, does vmware even "try" to
> read from floppy
> or the cdrom before popping the error?
>
> Damian
>

> > Want to buy your Pack or Services from