Audiogalaxy thought it best to leave the interface-building to the open source
community for the GNU/Linux version. While you can still use the web-based
interface at audiogalaxy.com, there are some truly innovative clients like 6's
Spiffy AudioGalaxy Query Tool (http://agqt.sourceforge.net/). It's
console-based, but it's the best music finder I've ever seen.

The main problem with AudioGalaxy nowadays is that they block a lot of searches
for legal reasons. Services like Gnutella and eDonkey are fully decentralised,
and so don't have this problem.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

"It's less easy to be aware of the fact that your computer subtly comes with a
preferred browser, which has a preferred search engine, and that the search
engine is giving you answers which guide your shopping and are controlled by the
company which controls your desktop. These are both bad for the public, bad for
the competitive market." -- Tim Berners-Lee, founder of the World Wide Web