Pauljames Dimitriu wrote:

>I've got an ugly problem.
>
>When I boot my computer I get a message saying "File
>System Errors, would you like to fix this problem"
>
>In the Graphical startup, I get what looks like two
>buttons at the bottom of the screen saying "Yes or
>No", but I can't do antyhing w/ them.
>
>When I boot into failsafe, I can get to a prompt, but
>if I type in fsch (is this the command), nothing
>happens.  I get the same question "....would you like
>to fix this error".  When I type Yes, I get a message
>saying that it failed.
>
>How do I fix this?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Paul

>Yahoo! Movies - coverage of the 74th Academy Awards®
>http://movies.yahoo.com/

>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

What filesystems do you havre on your machine?  Boot into rescue by
using F1 at splash screen and typing 'rescue' and exiting to normal
rescue then

fdisk -l /dev/hda

and write down the output.

There are special recovery instructions, but they depend on filesystems
in use, and you could have ext2 ext3 JFS XFS Reiser (encrypted or not)
(RAID or not) (LVM or not).  That is a lot of combinations to look at,
so we need to deal with specifics.

Civileme