-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Dan Butler
Sent: Sunday, March 31, 2002 10:09 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Palm M505 Connectivity with Mandrake

    The M500 and M505 come with the USB cradle.  Serial is not an option
unless I buy it separately.  I shouldn't have to do this.  But, if it gets
me off Windows maybe I should think about it.  Are you using a Palm, and
which one?
    Dan B

Using a IIIxe, I actually abhor USB, even in M$. Have only got one item to
work under USB in Linux and that partially. Mine came serial.

There are people on the list pretty fluent in USB setup, I'm just not one of
them. Next coupla days I'm going to try IR from the laptop to the palm.

Bill