On Sunday 31 March 2002 23:49, Robin Turner wrote:
> On Monday 01 April 2002 01:24, Derek Jennings wrote:
> > To get Opera working in Mandrake 8.2
> > Get Opera from Mandrake Club download page.
> > It is compiled for libpng3 and has no dependencies.
>
> So to install a popular piece of freeware I have to join the club?  This
> sounds like a good reason not to upgrade.
>
> Sir Robin the Mischievous

Well, it is also available in the powerpacks, and it must only be a matter of
time before Opera put it up on their own downloads page. It is not in their
interest to have users of a popular desktop distro locked out of their
product.

There was also some discussion on Texstar's www.pclinuxonline.com recently
about how to install both libpng2 and libpng3 at the same time. Some people
have reported success with it.

derek