I've been using Mandrake 8.1 for a while now, and just upgraded to 8.2.  The installation went fine, but the first few times I tried logging on to KDE or Gnome, they would either freeze (forcing me to Crtl+Alt+Backspace), stop loading at the blue desktop, or freeze my entire machine forcing me to reset.  I've tried booting to "Old Linux" in Lilo, but I have the same problems.  Also, I have'nt had any major display problems with X before, but now whenever I play any 3D games (Tux Racer, GLTron), they are extremely choppy and unplayable.  In the installation it detected my video card (ATI Rage 128) just like before, and I chose the newest version of X with 3D acceleration, which I think is the same I have been using.