I am having similar problems after doing the same from LM8.1.  The video
is very flaky and icons do not show up in apps properly and when I click
the drop down for the different folders evolution just disappears.
Roly
On Wed, 2002-04-03 at 09:22, Blood Slap wrote:
> I've been using Mandrake 8.1 for a while now, and just upgraded to 8.2.

  The installation went fine, but the first few times I tried logging on to

 KDE or Gnome, they would either freeze (forcing me to Crtl+Alt+Backspace),

 stop loading at the blue desktop, or freeze my entire machine forcing me to

 reset.  I've tried booting to "Old Linux" in Lilo, but I have the same problems.

  Also, I have'nt had any major display problems with X before, but now whenever

 I play any 3D games (Tux Racer, GLTron), they are extremely choppy and

 unplayable.  In the installation it detected my video card (ATI Rage 128)

 just like before, and I chose the newest version of X with 3D acceleration,

 which I think is the same I have been using.