Bill Davidson wrote:
> I seriously doubt it. NetBEUI is an old protocol that Microsoft hardly
> supports anymore. If at all.
> On Wednesday 03 April 2002 05:53 pm, Wally wrote:
> > Is there a way to get my Mandrake 8.1 laptop to see my Windows desktop
> > using NetBEUI? Can't use TCP/IP at the moment because the desktop's ip
> > is assigned via the cable modem.

Two points:

To Bill: IMHO, the bigger question is whether Linux can support NetBEUI
-- I know NetBEUI works in Win95, and I'm fairly certain it works in
Win98, and is probably still supported in more recent versions.

To Wally: The fact that the desktop's IP is assigned via the cable modem
should not necessarily prevent you from seeing the Windows desktop.  I
think there are ways to assign two IPs to the same network card, and
there was a post about this not too long ago on either the newbie or
expert list.

IIRC, civileme described the setup as the poor man's router (although I
may have that mixed up with another thread).

Randy Kramer