John

<snip>
The short answer is I don't know. SetUID lets a program run as a user other
than the person launching it, but I've just looked at 'info ls' and I can't
tell what 'ls -l' would show for something with the SetUID bit set.
You'll have to hope someone with a clue picks up on this, or just paste
commands from a text file onto the command line when you want to use them.
Sorry, I was only 2.5 minutes ahead of you, and now you've called my bluff :-)

Richard
--
"I'd like to live inside a lead-lined room"