Hi Charles and thanks for your reply....

On Thursday 11 April 2002 04:22 pm, you wrote:
> K Montgomery wrote:
> > On Wed, 2002-04-10 at 22:24, Danny Luker wrote:
> > > My first post to this list!
> > >
> > > I'm running Mandrake 8.1 with rieserfs on a 256MB  AMD K6 clocking 350
> > > MHz (older machine) and all is well.   I just purchased a Sharp Zaurus
> > > SL5500 and much to my disappointment it does not talk to my Linux box.
> > > I have spent all day trying to upgrade to the 2.4.18 kernel so I can
> > > use the usbdnet patch to make things right with my Zaurus.  No joy
> > > however.  I followed the README that came with the 2.4.18 source
> > > download.
>
> DO you not need a 'make mrproper or make distclean' defore 'make
> xconfig'??
> Charles

I don't know if I do or not.  This was not mentioned in the README or the
HOWTO's I'm working from.  I don't know what these commands do.   Is this
Mandrake specific or just one of those things that differenciates a newbie
like me from real Linux gurus?  ;)

Do I need to do that... I'll try it and see what happens.

Thanks
Danny