On Saturday 13 April 2002 8:15 pm, you wrote:
Hi
ive had 2 vp6 motherboards so far, atm im using a gigabyte..
i got a bit annoyed at 2 vp6 motherboards going down :(
the second vp6 gave me similar problems shortly before i replaced it
the fix was to do a flash bios update, usually got the second cpu working ok..
the flash utility is very easy on the vp6. however for me the motherboard was
on its way out so was replaced, i hope this is not the case for you.
as for mandrake it installs the SMP kernel as default if you have and smp
machine mandrake 8.2 here too :-))

good luck
LtCdData