On Tue, 16 Apr 2002 00:03:27 -0700 (PDT), Pauljames Dimitriu
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:> Anyone here upgrade to KDE 3.0?  Is it worth the
> upgrade or is it like Windows.....wait a while after
> it's initial release?

For my experience, KDE 3.0 is too buggy and unstable to be used as a proper
desktop. Other people have reported the exact oppostie, so YMMV.

Mandrake's KDE3 packages are designed to be parallel-installable with the KDE2
packages. I recommend that you install and try it for yourself. If you don't
like it you can always go back to KDE2.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

"Our products should emphasize security right out of the box, and we must
constantly refine and improve that security as threats evolve. A good example of
this is the changes we made in Outlook to avoid email borne viruses."
         -- Bill
Gates