On Tuesday 16 April 2002 00:03, Pauljames Dimitriu opened a general hailing
frequency and transmitted to all open stations:

> Anyone here upgrade to KDE 3.0?  Is it worth the
> upgrade or is it like Windows.....wait a while after
> it's initial release?

i used the texstar rpms (link to ftp at pclinux.com i do believe) excet for
packages he did not have like koffice and pim stuff, in which case i used
mandrakes rpms.  i have had 2 very minor bugs (konsole, fix posted to the
list, and splash screen crash, someone posted a fix but i didn't try it.
never reboot, so...) and it fixed 3 bugs i had in 2.2.2 and is _much_
faster.

the good news is that you can install both, so give it a try.

i found i could do the rpm install, go to etc/profile.d/kde3.sh and comment
out the path line.  (thanks for that fix from a list member!  sorry i
forget who :( )  then copy my .kde folder into .kde3 (after creating .kde3
that is) and it works wonderfully.

--
It is no measure of your health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick
society.

shane
Profile at: http://dmoz.org/profiles/shen.html
Proud to be a DMOZ editor since 10-98