On 16 Apr 2002 22:11:06 +0200
Marco Verheul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Fellow Mandrake users,
>
> I'm trying to install the mosfet-liquid theme and I got stuck. Here is
> what I did:
>
> su to root
> # tar xvzf mosfet-liquid0.9.4.tar.gz
> # cd mosfet-liquid0.9.4
> # make -f Makefile.cvs
> # ./configure
>
>   here I get feedback when various checks are performed like ...
>
> checking for working aclocal... found
>
>   only at he end of this feedback I get (last 3 lines)
>
> checking for gcc... no
> checking for cc... no
> configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH
>

>   next I try
>
> # make install
>
>   here I get..
>
> make: *** No rule to make target 'install'. Stop.
>
> Could it be that my PATH does not contain a directory that is required
> by the install? When I type env I get:
>
> PATH=/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin
>
> I read that /usr/local/kde/bin should be added to PATH. Is this true?
> How do I add entries to PATH?

At this point it has nothing to do with path

checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no

This means that you have no compiler installed.
Nothing that can be used to 'build, the program.

If you are using 8.2 you need to install gcc-2.9.6.
It will be on your cds and you can use the soft mgr to install it.

    Charles