On Friday 26 April 2002 01:00 pm, civileme wrote:
> Seedkum Aladeem wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have multiple version of some packages installed. I want to uninstall
> > the older version but the KDE "Software Manager"  crashes when trying to
> > do that.. I have, for example, the  "e2fsprogs-1.27-1.1mdk.i586.rpm" and
> > the "e2fsprogs-1.26-1.1mdk.i586.rpm" on my system by the "Software
> > Manager". When I select the 1.26 version in "Software Manager" and click
> > uninstall, the "Software Manager" program just disappears from the screen
> > and I do not have any error messages from it.
> >
> >When I use the "Package Manager" to do the uinstall instead, it does not
> >crash but it gives me the following message :
> >[root@grumpy seedkum]# rpm -e  e2fsprogs;echo RESULT=$?
> >error: "e2fsprogs" specifies multiple packages
> >RESULT=1
> >
> >When I give the rpm command from the command line I get the following
> >[root@grumpy seedkum]# rpm -e e2fsprogs-1.26-1.1mdk.i586.rpm
> >error: package e2fsprogs-1.26-1.1mdk.i586.rpm is not installed
> >
> >How do I go about cleaning the mess I have?
> >
> >Thanx,
> >
> >Seedkum

> >Want to buy your Pack or Services from MandrakeSoft?
> >Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com
>
> rpm --rebuilddb
>
> abd if that doesn't work
>
> urpmi rpm
>
> and install every package that comes up then it will work
>
> Civileme

I tried the first suggestion above and it came to an end without printing any
messages, but it failed to remove the unwanted packages. I tried the second
suggestion. It gave me the error message below. The file tout was not created.

The unwanted packages remain in the system. Any more suggestions will be
greatly appreciated.

Seedkum

[root@grumpy seedkum]# urpmi rpm tee tout
unable to take medium "disc 1 Download Edition Installation CD (x86)
(cdrom1)" into account as no list file [/var/lib/urpmi/list.disc 1 Download
Edition Installation CD (x86) (cdrom1)] exists
unable to take medium "disc 1 Download Edition Installation CD (x86) (disk1)"
into account as no list file [/var/lib/urpmi/list.disc 1 Download Edition
Installation CD (x86) (disk1)] exists
unable to take medium "disc 2 Download Edition Second Installation CD (x86)
(cdrom2)" into account as no list file [/var/lib/urpmi/list.disc 2 Download
Edition Second Installation CD (x86) (cdrom2)] exists
unable to take medium "disc 2 Download Edition Second Installation CD (x86)
(disk2)" into account as no list file [/var/lib/urpmi/list.disc 2 Download
Edition Second Installation CD (x86) (disk2)] exists
unable to take medium "disc 3 Download Edition Contributions CD (x86)
(cdrom3)" into account as no list file [/var/lib/urpmi/list.disc 3 Download
Edition Contributions CD (x86) (cdrom3)] exists
unable to take medium "disc 3 Download Edition Contributions CD (x86)
(cdrom4)" into account as no list file [/var/lib/urpmi/list.disc 3 Download
Edition Contributions CD (x86) (cdrom4)] exists
unable to take medium "disc 3 Download Edition Contributions CD (x86)
(disk3)" into account as no list file [/var/lib/urpmi/list.disc 3 Download
Edition Contributions CD (x86) (disk3)] exists
unable to take medium "disc 3 Download Edition Contributions CD (x86)
(disk4)" into account as no list file [/var/lib/urpmi/list.disc 3 Download
Edition Contributions CD (x86) (disk4)] exists
unable to take medium "Updates for Mandrake Linux 8.2 (ftp1u)" into account
as no list file [/var/lib/urpmi/list.Updates for Mandrake Linux 8.2 (ftp1u)]
exists
curl: (7) Couldn't connect to host
installing /var/cache/urpmi/rpms/kdetoys-2.2.2-8mdk.i586.rpm
Installation failed, some files are missing.
You may want to update your urpmi database
[root@grumpy seedkum]#